Playing is Hard Work

Thursday, August 16, 2007

It has happened!

I turned in a completed copy to my thesis defense committee yesterday.

Complete.

Title page.

Abstract.

Table of Contents.

95 pages of text.

83 pages of appendices.

5 pages of bibliography.

I anticipate that my committee will still send me back with further edits, but I am praying hard that they will not be substantive. I can't celebrate yet, as my defense isn't for another four weeks, but at least I can stop feeling guilty about not working on it enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Imagine me sitting in my office (in a backless kneel-y computer chair) going woo hooo!!!

Because that's what I just did. Have a drink for me to celebrate.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

That is a good load of paper. And WORDS.

Nice job, further edits or no.

PS All that other stuff you did was part of working on your thesis, y'know. The little things (like reading in the garden) prep you and sooth you for all of the other things (like staring at the computer screen or loads of paper).

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter