Playing is Hard Work

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer in the Mountains

Highlights of My Week In the Mountains:

  • Lots of hot-tub time
  • A fair amount of Sangria time
  • A large, but still not satisfactory, amount of baby-holding time
  • Absolutely perfect weather
  • Absolutely perfect mountains
  • No bug bites

Things that weren't highlights or lowlights, but just were:

  • A phone interview; I can't decide if it went well or not well at all
  • Finances remain difficult to manage; Summer of Sangria is also a Summer of No Work
  • Family regression; we all act about 13 sometimes when we're around our families

Other Things that Happened That Weren't In The Mountains:
  • BREWFEST!!!! Included the seeing of lots of people including one Miss Heather K, who lives in a totally different city than I do, but we still managed to drink beer in city that neither of us have ever lived in before. Loving it.
  • Everyone I know asking "so, when are you coming back?" and not being able to satisfactorily answer that question.

So, Lauren, what's next for you? Well, I'm hanging out in this Western town for another day then hopping on an Amtrack to go up north to see a couple more friends and ultimately end up in a conference that is in a TOTALLY different country than this one. Well, maybe not totally different. But mostly. Then I'll start making my way back to NYC next week, a full three weeks after having left, and a full week after ZPJ had returned and I'll just be hoping that my cats still remember and love me and that my life hasn't fallen apart with all my neglect of it. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Let's all raise a mug in the air and scream wooo in honor of Brewfest.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you have taken a more beautiful picture? I think not!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter