Playing is Hard Work

Monday, August 06, 2007

From the Southwest to the Northwest

The southwest of Canada, that is.

I'm back in B-ham today, hanging with family. My mother-in-law is doing her best to recruit me into moving here.

"You know, this is a very affordable area...the schools are so wonderful...we have several local theatres...did you know that they're spending 11 million on a new children's museum? Surely they need someone to do drama with them...the DA's office is hiring...isn't it beautiful here???"

And it is beautiful. Can't argue there. It's gorgeous. But I'm happy that I'm heading back to the Northeast and my very own little NYC tonight. It's been a long trip with many transportation-related adventures and a great deal of reflection. I'm thinking a lot about the future these days. What I want my future to look like. Conferences are good for that. So is travel. So I'm hopping on a bus then a plane and heading back and maybe I'll make some decisions about things while I'm on my way but more likely than not I'll just read and listen to some music and hopefully sleep for at least an hour or two. And then I get to see ZPJ and my kittie cats!!! I am going to kiss them all, and some of them will lick me back. Who knows, maybe all of them. Tomorrow I will post a photo journal of my trip. You will enjoy it. I promise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am familiar with the luring tactics parental figures use in trying to get you to move closer to home. Damn their crafty ways. My dad always tells me that if I move back to FL I'd be allowed to bring my husband along. :)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter