Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Home Sweet Brownstone

I made it home this morning with a minimal amount of adventure; no delays or missed flights but it did take almost 12 hours, a bus, two trains, two cars and a plane. I also had a minimal amount of sleep on the flight, so I just took the most delightful nap on my new bed with my two old cats. They fill me with love and comfort.

It seems NYC is really pulling out the stops for my return. A heat index of 100 today! I'm debating whether I should travel to book club and brave the mugginess, but I think I might have to. I can't let this city defeat me when I've only been back one day!

My birthday is this week, so look forward to the annual "Highlights from 27, Hopes for 28" post on Thursday. Also, if you haven't RSVP'ed for my party, the 20th Anniversary of Lauren's 8th Birthday, you are lame. You know who you are. You are the one right now with the "wow, I am lame" look on your face and your handle in the "undecided" section of the evite. I will not be handing out extra party favors to those who do not come.

Worst thing about being back: the weather.
Best thing about being back: ZPJ and my cats. In that order.

No contest.
I leave you with this question: Why is the strawberry kid handing the muggy cloud money and why does one of the clouds have a skull cap on?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

That drawing is worse than Family Circus, but the kids are being mugged by the muggy weather.

I don't understand why the kids are dressed the way the are or why the strawberry kid has that many bills in the first place. Surely he would already have been beaten up by some bullier type of berry before the clouds could have gotten them.

Happy early birthday!

(If you were Mormon, you would know that age 8 is the age of accountability...but the 20th anniversary of your age of accountability doesn't sound near as fun.)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter