Playing is Hard Work

Sunday, March 02, 2008

R&R

Adventures abounded this weekend. Here's my Top 3:
  1. GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE MET FOR TRYING TO SNEAK IN BOOZE. Well, I wasn't exactly sneaking...we were headed to a party on the UES and we thought we'd head north early and take advantage of the Met's late-night weekend hours and look at some art for a couple hours before the party. We did, however, have a bottle of wine wrapped up in my bag for the party, and the security guy wouldn't let us come in despite the fact that we were five feet from the bag check room and we obviously weren't going to be popping open the bubbly in the Egyptian temple.
  2. CRYING FOR AN HOUR AT DINNER. If we could have gotten into the museum I probably would have been crying about the art, thanks to my hormonal overload this weekend. Instead, though ZPJ and I went to a diner on 2nd Ave. and started talking about what either of us would do if the other one died and I blubbered my way through two margaritas while ZPJ just made fun of my ovaries and we joked about life insurance policies. All of the waitstaff gave our table a wide berth - even though crying might not be totally unusual, crying and laughing probably is, and they didn't know what to do with us.
  3. CELL PHONE #6. This wasn't me, but my neighbor came over on Friday and was telling us how she had to go get a new phone because she had dropped hers in the toilet, and she was going to be on her 5th phone of the year due to drops down stairs, toilets, and lost bags. Then tonight I got an email from her saying "I just got mugged and among the items that were stolen was my 6-hour-old cell phone, so can you please send me your phone number...again?" Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Is that like Mambo #5

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter