Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rest

Today was a Lauren Day. It was a day for me. I slept in (a little) and I went to the spa and I started working on a new craft/storytelling project. I feel good. I think that it is good to take days to take care of oneself, and it is good to get to do so. I wish I could do it more. But spa visits are barely an annual event, so I have to find other ways to do it.

Here are some ways I can take care of myself:
  1. Turn off the damn TV and find something else to do
  2. Keep better To-Do lists and make sure they have nice things on them as well as required things. Check things off for a sense of accomplishment!
  3. Stretch
  4. Remember that just thinking about something doesn't count as actually doing it, unless one is percolating, but even percolation must lead to actual brewing sometimes
  5. Listen to more music
  6. Designate space

Those are some things to start with. I'm also beginning a new initiative to document creative activity so that it gets out of my head and into the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter