Playing is Hard Work

Friday, October 19, 2007

Wheels

ZPJ asked me today if the wheels were coming off of the F2F machine and if there was still a chance we might make it to the finish line. I think ZPJ is funny and this made me laugh, but also cry a little bit. Seriously, though, it's so much better than last year. Even more seriously, I can't wait till next week.

Mysterious things happening in my apartment- You decide if they are connected!!!!
  • ZPJ has been breaking out in hives and rashes for no apparent reason- they go away within minutes, but torment him considerably for short periods.
  • The bedroom floor has expanded and buckled to the point that the boards are popping out and it needs to be replaced.
  • Benny, my black cat, has recently become obsessed with licking our faces early in the morning while we still (try to) sleep.
  • I have strange dry-spots on my face and arms which don't itch at all but never go away.
  • It is mid-October and YET THE MOSQUITOES PERSIST.

I'm going to an alternating cheesy and majestic musical tonight (and, I must be clear, this is entirely due to my mom-in-law's begging) and even if you haven't seen this musical, I can guarantee you that you can sing parts of at least five of it's songs. And, NO, it isn't based on music from the hit band, fill-in-the-blank. If you think you know what it is, you have to guess by quoting lines from a song.

I'm actually having some excitement about going to a 7th grade class today. What??? I know. But it's true. They're super cute and, even though they have ATTITUDE, they also bring the drama.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

"Where the wild winds of freedom keep stirring me onward. . . "

? Maybe? Umm, I may be a little off with the guess, and I didn't want to give too much away in my guess.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Heather K said...

It could also be "folks here to an absurd degree seem fixated on your verdigris"

9:24 AM  
Blogger laurenj said...

Here's another hint: Even though the men constantly sing about redemption, freedom, sin, friendship, joy, and revolution, all that the women sing about is...MEN. Of course. There is ONE exception- one of the women occasionally sings about swindling people. And it's not a particularly male-heavy show- there are lots of women, they're just all lame.

Is it sad that this might not narrow it down?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Heather K said...

Ummm, "Do you hear the people sing?"

and yes it is sad.

3:00 PM  
Blogger laurenj said...

They DO sing, and I DID hear them. Good work, TFH. (Theatre Friend Heather)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Heather K said...

YES!!!!!!!

Finally. I forgot about that musical.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter