Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Reprise

I though I had gotten off easy with this cold thing- I was sick for a few days and then had a lingering cough. That lingered. And lingered. And lingered. And now has reemerged as a second cold. I'm all stuffed in my sinuses with plugged ears and post-nasal unpleasantness. Just in time, too. I fly out Thursday morning.

I have a long tradition of a Christmas Cold. I get sick two or three days before the holiday, right when I'm beginning my travels, and I gross out everyone in Portland who only sees me once or twice a year. They refuse to let me play with their children because I am ill. I sniff and sneeze and drink lots of tea. So I guess this resurgence of this lingering cold is quite timely.

Blaarrrg.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

I feel like your Christmas cold tradition heads way back into our high school days, if I am not mistaken.

10:06 AM  
Blogger laurenj said...

I'm not kidding! First at Christmas, and then the big doozy of a cold- which usually develops into bronchitis- comes in the last week of January, first week of February. I'm like a natural mucas clock.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Gorman said...

don't worry you can still play with Mr N. He will probably give you something from his preschool friends anyway... a nice west coast toddler cold :)

Paige

4:58 PM  
Blogger mynewshoes said...

Hope you feel better and have a great trip! Brooklyn will be sad to have one less Lauren for a couple weeks...

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter