Playing is Hard Work

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Truly, A Quest

Last summer when MNS and I were in a different country we went to a coffee shop that is ubiquitous in both our country and that one. We found, however, that although we could still get the same tall non-fat iced mochas with light chocolate, this country to the north had far superior snacks. There were these oat/flax/poppyseed lemon bars which I became OBSESSED with, to the point of visiting about 4 s-bux on the way out of town to stock up. I've been thinking a lot about them lately and wanting to make some, but I don't have a recipe and my internet searching is leading me nowhere. I know the following:
  • They are soft and chewey
  • They taste lemony
  • They have oats, flax seeds, and poppyseeds
Other than that, I'm clueless. I figure they must have had some flour and sugar, but probably not a ton, because they didn't really look like they had any. I went to the store today and purchased:
  • oats
  • flax seeds
  • poppyseeds
  • dried coconut
  • lemons
  • flour (w.w. and regular)
But the question is, how will I combine these to make a delicous treat? Do I keep searching for the recipe or do I just start experimenting???? I am lost! I am desperate! Guide me!

3 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

Did you try e-mailing s-bux for the recipie?

10:11 AM  
Blogger mynewshoes said...

I suggest the addition of butter and maybe honey. And maybe a combination of whole flax seeds and ground flax seeds which are a good binding agent(can be ground in a coffee grinder). I say experiment! Tarak's advice is also good.

5:04 PM  
Blogger tarak said...

I think MNS's suggestion is a great one. What you make may be better than the origional.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter