Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Date With Freshman Boyfriend

When I was a sophomore there was a freshman that I thought was cute, and so I called him Freshman Boyfriend, and even though we never talked (actually he said "hi" to me three times over two years in the cafeteria) I feel that we had a special connection. True, he wasn't a freshman forever, but he still remained Freshman Boyfriend.

Several years later I got married, and I discovered that my new husband's parents were life long friends with Freshman Boyfriend's parents, and in fact my new spouse was my old crush's childhood playmate. His parents came to my wedding, I was invited to his. We even became Facebook friends, but we still never talked.

Now Freshman Boyfriend goes to Princeton and his parents were in town visiting and we all met up for dinner in the city. So I finally got to go out to dinner with Freshman Boyfriend! It was thrilling, even though my husband, his wife, and both of his parents were there, too.

This would have been the highlight of my 19-year-old self's...life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter