Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Going to Write a Strongly Worded Letter...

Everything is up in the air.

Our permit for performing in the park next month got denied because they "have all the performances for the summer already booked but would you like to apply for a permit for next summer?" Are you kidding me???? It's bad enough that we even need a permit for a folk-art, community based, storytelling event in a public park anyway, and that we need to apply a year in advance is completely ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. So one of our company members is on the phone trying to track someone down so that she can convince them that we don't need a stage, it's not really a performance, we just want a spot under a tree on a Saturday afternoon. Why don't we just go under a tree on Saturday afternoon, you ask? Good question. I can't really answer it, except to say that there is something about the way I was raised that compels me to file a permit where permits are required. For the love. I'm a crappy grassroots artist, aren't I?

Plan B is going to require calling local bookstores and libraries and seeing if they are interested in hosting our performance (it's not a performance, really! but it is...) but now it's such short notice that I lack confidence that this will happen.

I didn't want to be a producer!!! I just want to play with puppets in the park!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter