Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Crap and a Half

I just dropped my cell phone for what I suspect will be the last time. The screen lit up, went blank, and then the battery started overheating. So if you try to call me and can't, it's because my phone is in three different parts on my table.

My advisor is promising to give me rewrite notes tomorrow, which is sooner than I would have liked, but maybe it's okay. After spending two days out at the beach (good, good choice) and two days sitting around my apartment watching "what not to wear" and "project runway" reruns, I have decided that maybe it won't be so bad to have something to be working on for a few more weeks. Feast or famine, folks. I'm either swamped up to here (picture me putting my hand at my forehead) or without anything whatsoever. So maybe I'll actually work some more on my paper, or maybe having something to procrastinate will help me to enjoy all the reruns.

Fortunately I have one other small project running right now- I'm re-staging The Light Princess. TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the show last fall. Except some of the cooler puppets are the same. We're going old school/low budget with this new production- we're staging it in the park on the weekend. I think it's 9 parts commedia homage, 1 part amateur hour. The difference between whether its cool or nerdy to do free theatre in the park comes down to how good the actual work is. Here is to hoping! (clink)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

So, your comment made me think about coming to visit you (and my several other friends) in NYC sooner rather then later. Although I have no idea when that will be. But I am working on it. I would love to come and hang out.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter