Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Break?

I seem to always be just around the corner from a break, and yet I never really reach one. It's not even ten o'clock and I already have agreed to two meetings in the next two days when I really should probably be home working or actually letting myself relax but, hey, that's the world of a freelancer, right? You can't say no to a paying gig...

That being said, I really do think tomorrow is the day that I'm going to be done working on my thesis for awhile. One of those meetings is with my advisor (not the paying gig) and after I give her that huge stack of paper I'm just going to sit back and wait.

Wait. No, seriously, wait. AS I WAS TYPING THIS POST, I got a call back (still before ten) and my paying gig got scooped out from under me!!!! It was reneged!!!! I don't feel bad about this in the slightest since the very moment before it got taken away I was typing to the blogosphere about how I was not sure that I wanted the extra work...I feel like I'm in some sort of time loop here. I think this is a clear sign that I need to go back to bed, wake up in a couple hours, and then start the whole day over again. Maybe that's what I needed to really get working.

This is totally going to happen for me.

Yesterday was bad. After several days of cruising along and happily typing my heart out, I hit a wall that involved sitting and staring at the blinking cursor for several hours and occasionally banging my head against the desk and then madly going through every three-ring binder that I own looking for a particular article and then emailing every person I've ever met and then crying a little bit and after all of that only getting five pages written. And really it wasn't even five pages, it was four pages and a couple lines on the fifth page.

Today is going to be different. Today I'm going to finish this bitch. I'm going to bend it over and finish it. Then I'm going to take this bitch and spell-check the hell out of it and fix it's punctuation until it doesn't even know what happened. You watch. It's going to happen for me. And then I'm going to have from Friday afternoon at 12:30 until Tuesday morning at 9am and I'm going to take a break.

1 Comments:

Blogger mynewshoes said...

You can do it!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter