Playing is Hard Work

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Sumptuous Solstice

This weekend ZPJ and I travelled to the far ends of three different train lines.
(outdated picture, but it seemed appropriate)
On Friday, we travelled to the end of the L line to Shea Stadium to our first Mets game (they won) with some lovely lady friends.
On Saturday we travelled to the end of the Q line to the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island where we partook in some sea-creature shenanigans,
drank some over-priced non-alcoholic margaritas on the beach, and went to a Cyclone's game with some more friends.
Can you find ZPJ? On Sunday we continued our streak by going to the end of the N line in Astoria and visiting the Beer Garden. If you haven't yet been, go now. It's awesome.

All in all a very successful weekend, although I've had about a month's worth of sun, cheap beer, and hot dogs in a three-day period. Totally worth it. New York rocks. More specifically, the Outer Boroughs rock. Go Q, N and L trains!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

OOOOhhhh, I miss my Q train! But I don't miss my one hour ride into lower Manhattan.

I used to live off the Ocean Parkway stop of the Q train--a block and a half from the beach. A short walk to Coney Island and the scariest roller coaster EVER! Also, kind of a truly awesome coaster, but it did feel as if it would break and kill us all every second.

I Gay Pride'd it up this weekend, and get to spend tomorrow night at a Cubs game. Let's raise a glass to really expensive beer!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter