Playing is Hard Work

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Grand Finale

Turning in the thesis yesterday was a little anti-climactic. I mean, it felt good, but somehow I couldn't feel relieved because even though I know that the first draft was the hardest part, I still can't let go of the upcoming summer of re-writes. I'm trying to, though.

This morning is my last in-school residency session of the year. I'm am very happy about this, because even though the year has been filled with magical moment that make teaching worthwhile, the last month has been filled with mouthy middle schoolers and their apathetic teachers. I'm not too optimistic about today's chances of success: it's less than a week until school is out, all the homework and testing has been finished, yearbooks have been passed out, and these 8th graders are DONE. At least I won't have a sub in the room with me, like yesterday. Ouch.

Who knows. Maybe my post later today will reveal that all went well and I ended the year on a high note.

P.S. I think we are going to go out to the beach if I can find someone to watch the cats. The beach sounds very nice. Even if it's a little overcast, I can still walk along the shore in my bare feet and collect pretty rocks that will then clutter my house for the next year. Or I could go to a winery. Yes, I think that sounds nice. Who knows? I might even read a book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isaac said...

Congratulations on being done (for now)!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter