Playing is Hard Work

Friday, June 15, 2007

Okay...

It went as well as it ever could have gone. Let's just say that and move on.

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time. I sat in a coffee shop and read a book. A novel. I'm not even joking. It was outstanding. Then I went to lunch with someone who shares my career trajectory and finalizing issues, as well as one other important defining characteristic that I'll let you all guess at, and it was wonderful. We planned our summer plans and rubbed fuzzy kitten bellies and based on this, I think it is going to be a wonderful summer.

I did, in fact, find someone to feed my cats, so I'm heading to the North Fork to sit and try and reclaim a little of the relaxation I found in Jamaica those few short, and yet oh-so-long, weeks ago. And I'm going to keep reading that book! I'd forgotten how enjoyable a book can be...

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

None of these trips or adventures sound like, "I think I am going to grab a jet blue flight and buzz over to Chicago to hang out with my friend Heather from high school."

Why is this?

Seriously though, enjoy your rest and relaxation.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter