Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Overboard

Auntie Lauren went a little crazy buying baby clothes yesterday...but I was right. It did make me feel better. And I was no match for all the frilly pink sundresses. I'm sorry. I just wasn't.

I also got a new pair of jeans. Similarly to MNS, I have been recently dealing with the disintegration of my old jeans in inappropriate places. This is to be expected when, like me, you buy all your jeans at certain large chain stores known more for their inexpensive style than the quality of their goods. So while out shopping yesterday I stopped at this chain store hoping to find a replacement pair that would adequately cover my personal parts. It seems, however, that jeans are now "out" because the jeans section of the store was understocked and picked over with almost no styles available other than short shorts. Fortunately, after digging through an abandoned pile of discontinued pants, I found a pair in my size and rushed to the dressing room to try them on. This pair, however, had the same problem as the pairs I have been wearing for the last several months- holes in inappropriate places!!! The difference is that for this new pair the hole in the butt seems to be intentional and stylish. At the moment it is just frayed- nothing too personal is showing- but I worry about what will happen after a few washings, given the quality. I guess I'm going to have to put a patch in. But a patch on the butt is somehow more acceptable than a patch in the crotch, so I bought them anyway.

I went to see The Long Winters at a small Park Slope concert packed with ex-Seattlites last night. It was a delightful show. The music was simultaneously poptastic and complex, the banter was charming and ironic, and the crowd was friendly and, with the exception of the woman right behind us, NOT incredibly drunk. After the show we went out for a farewell drink with Ryan, who is moving to NC today to start a new bus business. It turned into farewell drinks, and now its only several hours from when I fly out and I am hungover, tired, and have not yet figured out how I'm getting all these new baby outfits across the country. But it was totally worth it. Alright...off to pack...

2 Comments:

Blogger Zaaq said...

Bus business? Perhaps a business IN a bus, but I'd hardly call it a bus business...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Heather K said...

I too have been lately having problems with holes in inappropriate places in my pants! Not cool--even when I bought them at fancy-schmancy places, there are pants holes.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter