Playing is Hard Work

Friday, March 30, 2007

SPRING BREAK!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!

I'm feeling good about the fact that it's spring break. Really, I'm just glad that I don't have to go out to my thesis site for another week and a half. I need to reconstruct my soul before I go out there, because I have been under heavy barrage for the last month or so. Even when things go well out there, they don't really go that well. Yesterday, instead of going out to Brooklyn, I invited the kids into the city to see an after-school performance of a physical comedy/mask show at a theatre I work for. The show was funny, but my group showed up 25 minutes after it started, so I don't know if they got the whole effect. I think that maybe one or two of the kids are really going to get a tiny little glimmer of goodness out of this whole process, but the others are just going to be turned off of theatre for the rest of their lives. Is that a fair trade off?

But, for now, it's spring break. Lots of family this break. Sister is here now. We're going to see Grandma and Grandpa today. Aunts and Uncles tomorrow. Next week we fly to Portland to see brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws, and of course my precious and perfect new niece.

ZPJ and I realized at one point that all our vacations seem to revolve around our families, and that's not a bad thing because nine days out of ten we really really love our families and enjoy spending time with them. But we've also decided to take a vacation on our own this year, so in May we're going to Jamaica to sit on the beach and stare at the ocean for a few days- just the two of us. I'm excited.

I hope that with all the family and travelling I'll be able to relax and decompress a little bit. And after I get back, only five more weeks. Then, what will be will be, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter