Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

NFT

My sister has been in town since Saturday and shall continue to be until next Saturday, so we've been playing tourist a little bit this week. This week so far we have:

gone to a grotesque clown adaptation of The Glass Menagerie
gone wine tasting on the North Forkvisited the dull and barren wasteland that is Central Park in the winter and got filmed in the background of a documentary about an ancient man in an orange jacket training for the ING marathon
explored Spanish art at the Guggenheim
and enjoyed some exceptionally beautiful weather.
Today I was working all day so Carolyn was on her own and apparently only got lost on the subway once. She isn't home yet, though, so that's only the tally so far. I feel compelled to take care of her and give her unnecessarily detailed directions despite the fact that I know that we learn best through experience and making mistakes. I know that she's old enough to get around on her own- she's even going to Morocco on her own for the summer- but I still have to worry about her. She's my little sister.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Tell Caroline that I say hi!!!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger ipj said...

How was the Glass Menajoree (or whatever it's called)? I was thinking about seeing it.

6:19 AM  
Blogger laurenj said...

It was grotesque and absurd and delicious and wonderful. I dig on the buffon.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter