Playing is Hard Work

Friday, April 06, 2007

Beautiful Spring

P-Land is about two months ahead of NYC in terms of blooming flowers, budding trees, and buzzing bugs. It was like traveling ahead in time when we got off the plane- before we even saw the plants we could smell them. The air is alive here.

Not only has the weather been joyful- I have been happy as a pig in poo with all the babies people have around here. And opposed to in NYC, I actually know all the babies here, so the parents don't mind so much when I snatch them up and jiggle them around and try to eat their tiny little toes. It has been delightful.

I am half excited to return to NYC and half dreading it. I'm looking forward to moving into the new apartment and planting the garden and going back to work. I am also still consumed with a feeling of impending failure when I think about my project- it is literally keeping me up at night. P-Land is a wonderful break, though. I look around at friends and family and see very clearly what my life would have been if I never moved east, and what it probably will be like if we ever move back, and I am so happy that I did move and also that I have this place to come back to if I need to. Even though I never lived here, it really is home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter