Playing is Hard Work

Monday, March 19, 2007

Why Not Procrastinate? Pt. 2

Mondays are hard. I am not feeling like working, even though I have much working to do. I've actually been busier than expected for the last five or six weeks, but now I have a small stretch in which I have very little booked into my planner. I still have plenty to do, of course, but it is harder for me to structure my time when my day looks a little empty. I should make some lists.

Things I have not done yet today:
  • written my logs for my last two visits to my project site
  • planned my next project visit
  • made an appointment with my advisor
  • started actually writing my thesis
  • sorted through all my emails
  • eaten anything other than a banana and some nuts (and, if we're being totally honest, a couple of hershey kisses in seasonal-colored wrappers)
And now, to make myself feel better, things that I have done today:
  • extensively shopped online for patio furniture
  • shopped online for urban gardening books
  • shopped online for new drapes
  • restrained myself from actually buying anything online since I'm broke due to the fact that I unexpectedly had to pay a huge security deposit on a new apartment
  • submitted an invoice for work last week in hopes of receiving money to buy gardening equipment
  • walked to nicole's house to feed/walk her sweet puppies since she is out of town
  • made it home from nicole's in time to meet the fresh direct delivery guys
  • blogged about not doing any work

That does actually make me feel much better.

It's only 1:30. I still have plenty of time ahead of me. Let's see if I can knock anything off of that first list.

1 Comments:

Blogger laurenj said...

At the end of the day, what did I end up getting done?

Writing half of a log entry.
Buying some patio furniture on craigslist and actually going to pick half of it up.
Going to a reading of a play by a very talented friend of mine.
Stopping at Target to get my cats a new scratching post.
Visiting the doggies a second time.

Not bad. Also not that good.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter