Playing is Hard Work

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Why Not Procrastinate?

After procrastinating for two and a half months, I realized last night that the deadline for two conferences I had been planning on submitting papers/proposals to was today. I had planned on spending several weeks crafting the perfect submissions, but it turns out that was unnecessary because I busted them out last night and this morning. My best work ever? Probably not. But mediocre and submitted is better than non-existent and not submitted, right?

I was reminiscing yesterday with another teaching artist about high school and what a slacker I was and how I never really put a lot of work into anything, and golly, how did I manage to graduate with honors? Then I realized I am still doing the exact same thing now- waiting until the night before something is due to start working on it. But now they are in- a workshop proposal for the Performing the World conference entitled "Discerning Community Issues for Youth Theatre Devising" and a paper submission for the Drama Across the Curriculum and Beyond Forum entitled "Reminiscence Drama for Seniors: Stimulating Mind, Bodies, and Community." Don't I sound smart?

It actually was therapeutic to write the devising workshop proposal- it's supposedly going to be based on my thesis project work, and it was kind of nice to realize that I can still write intelligently about this project even if it is, practically speaking, a complete disaster. That gives me a little hope for the thesis paper itself. Which, of course, has yet to be started. Any day now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter