Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Progress?

I went out to the project site today but I had to cancel today's workshop because only three kids showed up. I'm feeling okay, though, better than I usually do, because despite this and several other disconcerting things, the program director told me that she heard from the kids that last week went really well. "They were bragging about how well it went on Thursday and about the scenes they made." This floored me, it really did. I mean, it went better than usual on Thursday, but that isn't saying a ton. Maybe I'm at the turning point in that movie. It doesn't seem like it, but I'm prepared to begin accepting that success might not appear in a form that I would normally classify as successful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Well it really isn't cool to be seen liking your teacher or enjoying class at the moment it is happening. Even if you are cute and on drugs like Ryan Gosling--wait that was a movie. Don't buy drugs from your students Lauren, whatever you do, you don't want to be in that movie.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter