Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I should have known better...

I found some really cool vintage iron chairs on craigslist and I though "wow, these would be so cool in my new garden" and I started writing to the woman who was selling them. We exchanged several emails, developing something of a witty banter between us. I almost thought we were becoming friends. After confirming a couple times that I would come pick them up tonight, she told me to call when I was on my way and get the exact address- she had already given me the intersection. It was quite a bit south, so ZPJ and I reserved a zip car (actually a zip truck) and drove down through the southern neighborhoods of Brooklyn to meet her and pick up our new chairs. She never answered her phone. Not the fifteen times that I called. So we drove around Bensonhurst for half an hour and then had to make our way home before the zip truck was due back.

I'm tempted to give all of you, my loyal readers, her email address so that you can send her irritating emails to revenge my craigslist deal gone bad. But I won't. I will say, however, that if you ever meet a Dianne Pinto in your walk through life, send her a dirty look for me.

Craigslist is wonderful, my readers, yes it is. But it is also fraught with peril. Be warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter