Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No, please, I insist...

Today was my first official subway-seat-offering from a stranger on account of the pregnancy. A nice lady sitting in front of me offered me her seat. I smiled and declined, but almost immediately regretted it. I should have taken it because I'm kind of on the cusp of looking pregnant instead of just chubby from some angles, and she probably felt like she might have made the wrong assumption when I didn't confirm it for her by sitting down. And NO ONE likes that feeling. Also, two stops later when the train stalled on the bridge, my feet and back really started hurting and I seriously wished I had that damn seat. Can you change your mind five minutes later? "Pardon me...about that seat..."

Hopefully more seat-offerings to come, especially now that the season of bulky coats is almost behind us. Seriously. It's the only benefit to being pregnant in the city. Come on, people. Give 'em up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Last September I was offered a seat on the bus, and I realized like 10 minutes later that she offered it to me because I looked really pregnant in the dress I was wearing.

Not awesome. (C'mon!)

Because I am not now and have never been preggers.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter