Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Putting It Off...

When I was in school I had papers and reading to procrastinate. When I was working four jobs, I could always find something to procrastinate. Now I'm down to two, and I'm somehow finding other things to procrastinate - things that I would normally be really excited about doing. Things that, when I'm at work, I think "I would rather be..." but then when I get home I somehow...don't.

Things that I am procrastinating, even though I would really enjoy doing them:
  • Making a book for my niece for Christmas
  • Reading a novel that I started and really like so far
  • Knitting a jacket for Baby that I've been half-way through for a month
  • Cooking myself delicious meals that would be healthy and make my house smell great
  • Writing entertaining blog posts
  • Checking those last couple things off my to-do list from the job I "finished" last month - tying up loose ends

Things I'm doing instead:

  • Watching, on average, 16 hours of "House" every evening (I don't know how that happens, exactly, but that's what makes it magical)
  • Reading endless message boards and blogs about things I wish I didn't know about, like episiotomys and pitocin
  • Shopping online (fruitlessly) for a New Year's party dress that will make me look cute and chic, not fat.
  • IMing ZPJ updates about the cats' movements around the house every 10 minutes

I need some guilt, or motivation, or something. Or I need to embrace the fact that I'm destined to be illiterate, my child will be unclothed, and all my family will get gift certificates for Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

Well, House is an awesome show so don't feel too bad.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter