Playing is Hard Work

Monday, January 26, 2009

Hibernation

Usually a slower work schedule corresponds with an increase in blog posts...but lately I've been slacking on all conceivable fronts.

No, not slacking. Sabbatical-ing. If that's a word.

I'm down to working a couple days a week outside of the house, and (ideally) working from home a little bit. I thought I would be bored, but I have been filling my time with all sorts of fabulous things and I kind of don't know how I had time for two other jobs until this point. What have I been spending my time on?
  • Quilting for my soon-to-arrive nephew
  • Organizing my home office
  • Taking pictures of my cats (no change there)
  • Exploring websites, message boards and blogs about babies, babies, babies...
  • Knitting a little bit
  • Watching ZPJ kill zombies on his video game
  • Going to the gym and yoga as much as I can given how unreasonable the weather is
  • Complaining about the weather
  • Doctor appointments
  • Having lunch, dinner, and desserts with other unemployed friends

So, that's keeping me pretty busy...

I think that I could use just a little more structure in regards to my work-related ventures, but I'm sure that will come. Its just nice, after many years of having too many jobs, to slow down a little bit. I still feel the need to apologize for my free-time, as though it were some kind of character flaw not to be over-committed, but I'm working on getting past that and just enjoying the time and space and cats that I have.




5 Comments:

Blogger tiny tales said...

You should never apologize for the time you've been given! And you should NEVER stop taking pics of Stella bella and Hank the Tank... they are amaaaazing.

11:51 AM  
Blogger dani said...

ummm, babay belly pics? I want to see that thing in action!

12:14 PM  
Blogger tarak said...

When you put cat pics on your blog, my smile turns upside down, my mood improves, and I completely forget what you wrote in your post.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hyphenated word "well-deserved" has never been more appropriately used then in conjunction with your sabbatical.

2:19 PM  
Blogger ipj said...

Apparently your cat pictures make Tara grumpy. On the other hand, they make my frown turn upside down.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter