Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Burning Both Ends

Someone has been keeping late hours at our house lately...it's not me...it's not Stella...it's not Hank...its ZPJ. He has been studying for the Bar Exam of a certain green state out west. And he's been studying hard. Doesn't look like we'll be moving any time soon, but it can't hurt to be admitted in more than one state these days. For the last six weeks, every evening after work he either stays at the office or locks himself up in the spare room and pours over piles of books about trusts and estates and contracts and property and constitutional law. Every weekend he spends hours and hours doing practice essays and piles of multiple choice questions. And next week is the test.

ZPJ has been working so hard, on top of still having a full-time job as a fancy-schmancy downtown lawyer. And this is the second test this year, so it adds up to almost four months out of the last year that he's put all his spare time into studying. We will be very glad when it is over. Granted, my efforts this campaign consist of mostly just pep talks and finally doing my half of the kitchen-cleaning. But I miss having my man around in the evenings. ZPJ is usually the more easy-going and laid back of the two of us, and I will be glad when things regain their normal patterns.

Wish him luck this week. He's working so hard and I am so proud of him, and he deserves to be applauded for the monumental effort of taking this bitch of a test while still working full-time and taking care of a hormonal wife and demanding cats. Poor guy deserves a medal. I should get him one.

Left to Right: Hank hard at work holding down the blue pillow, ZPJ hard at work studying.

4 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

His wherewithall is pretty impressive. Good luck!

8:13 AM  
Blogger tarak said...

His dedication is impressive, and I applaude it.

12:10 PM  
Blogger tarak said...

I was actually referring to Hank.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter