Playing is Hard Work

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Uphill

I have been feeling so negative this week. I think that maybe it has something to do with the fact that both ZPJ and my workplaces are being directly affected by this "economic downturn" or, more accurately, "economic fuckall". ZPJ's firm started doing attorney layoffs this week, which SUCKS, even though he's probably fine for right now. And my particular job of grant-writing is becoming more and more of a sisyphean task with all foundations having less and less money to go around. I didn't expect crappy things like credit default swaps and high-risk mortgages to affect my life so directly so soon, but they have, and I'm not happy about it. Is it the same in other places in the country? Or is Manhattan just biting us in the ass for having lived the good life for the last couple years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter