Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hump Day, Hump Month

I'm nervous about the school I'm starting a residency at this morning. I was there last spring and had three good experiences and one VERY bad experience. This year its the same teachers but new students and I've done very in-depth planning with the teachers, so I have no rational reason to worry, but I keep having flashbacks.

Post-traumatic-residency syndrome.

Also: the office is getting intense. Our managing director has been away for almost a week and it is becoming VERY apparent how much she usual does for us, and how LITTLE some other people do. We are a ship adrift at sea. I have been finding myself taking on a lot of her responsibilities, which has the double-whammy of making me feel like I'm ignoring everything I have to do for my job and not doing a very well at her job. I desperately want her to come back, but not until I have a little more time to get some things done so that she doesn't freak out when she does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter