Playing is Hard Work

Friday, November 02, 2007

Inappropriate Intimacy

Because of my fight with the 2/3 trains yesterday, I decided to opt for the Q/B today. The Q showed up, however, and was just as crowded as the 2/3 usually is, so I just put my head down and shoved myself in. It was very close and I was nestled up with several grouchy people. After a minute or two the old guy in front of me turns so that I am facing his side instead of his back, which was a little awkward because it made me shove back into the person behind me, but then after another minute I realized that his hand kept brushing up against my crotch! I tried to move and readjust but his hand kept following me and there was really nowhere to go anyway. I tried glaring, but he wasn't looking at me, so I finally just took a deep breath and shoved my way into a 3-inch-wide gap to my other side so that I could get away from him, even though I incurred many glares myself by this seemingly unwarranted between-stops-readjusting. The rest of my commute continued without incident, but I kept my eye on that old man to see if he tried anymore funny business. As the crowd thinned out, I could tell that he really was just a kind of sad old man who looked kind of like my grandpa and maybe he wasn't trying to be a dirty old letch, he was just uncomfortably shoved into a crowded train like the rest of us. But then again, maybe he was.

This city confuses me and makes me sad sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

OMG! You should have yelled out "stranger!!!" in the train to get his attention. It's a very 5 year old thing to do, but it was the only thing I could think of while being insensed. I loath letchs.

9:57 AM  
Blogger ipj said...

Or maybe your grandpa was secretly a dirty old letch.

Or maybe I crossed a line.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter