Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Run Down

I discovered people smoking in two unexpected places this weekend. One was an indoor rock concert. One was a hospital emergency room.

I spent most of Friday and then some time each day since then at the hospital because my Great Aunt got very sick with pneumonia, waited too long to go to the doctor, and is now quite ill. I think she's going to be okay, but pneumonia is not so fun, and since Zach and I are the only relatives in the metro area, we've been checking in on her daily. I don't like hospitals. But who does? Better to pop in and visit for an hour than be laid up there for two weeks.

Yesterday I taught three workshops in two boroughs before noon. It involved a $17 cab ride and a cd of "The Irish Rover".

Today I'm teaching a PD for a well-known institution that I've never taught for before. I'm feeling a little bit of pressure, but not so much that I'm as prepared as I ought to be.

I have some new plans a-brewin' regarding storytelling/theatremaking, but I'm not ready to talk about it yet.

This weekend I'm going on a staff retreat for the new job (which isn't as new at this point). We're reshaping our mission statement and I may be leading a workshop on bellydancing.

Goals for this month:
  • Read more- specifically on the train and on my couch
  • Write more- on this blog and elsewhere
  • Plan less for weekday evenings and just come home
  • Drink tea and enjoy the fact that it's almost winter

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Oooh, I have been doing number 4, and I want to be doing more #1 (but substitute bus).

I have a little box of twinning earl grey on my desk and my very own spoon shaped tea infuser!

But someone stole my coffee mug. . .

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter