Playing is Hard Work

Saturday, February 10, 2007

It Almost Happened

I met Wallace Shawn tonight in the aisle as I hurried to my seat, worried that I would be late. And I tried to think of something witty to say. But nothing came. And we had trouble finding our seats and he said "It's a test. If you can't find your seat, you don't deserve to see the show." And I said "yes, it's cruel but necessary." And I realized later that I should have said "Yes, it's cruel but just." But I didn't. Damnit. I almost had a chance to have drinks with Wally after the show and I totally blew it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

My friend Azar who is visiting me right now, works at the New Group. She is one of their interns and is assitant directing their show that starts rehearsals next week. She knows Wally and Parker and Ethan. And the less famous and more intrinsic members of the company. How did you like Fever?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter