Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE

It isn't very often you get to be a part of making history.

All my progressive friends are consumed with last-minute anxiety cultivated over years of getting the short end of the electoral stick, but SCREW IT, I'm optimistic.

Voting in a packed cafeteria this morning after standing in line with hundreds of my neighbors was a pretty awesome feeling. ZPJ was in line behind me, reading The Nine and the chapter about the 2000 Supreme Court decision. Reading history, making history.

I don't think that we're going to see our world changing overnight, but I do think we are entering an era of...wait, no. I'm too superstitious to philosophize just yet. Maybe I have a little of the leftist anxiety. I'll wait till tomorrow for that.

If you need some cathartic reading while waiting for the results to come in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter