Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Bloom of Spring

Last fall I planted a huge amount of bulbs in anticipation of the first colors of spring. Well, the squirrels had their way with a lot of them, and those that remained are taking their sweet time to bloom. My courtyard is narrow and deep and north and doesn't get a lot of sunshine, so everything is blooming and growing about two or three weeks behind the plants in the front of the building.
I'm happy to present, however, the first bloom of the season, which appeared yesterday!

In celebration, I did a little yard work this evening:

  • Raking the yard
  • Laying down grass seed in the bare patches of the lawn (which is pretty much all of it thanks to the squirrels)
  • Planting nasturtium and morning glory seeds along the fence
  • Planting two pots with leftover bulbs that I found sprouting in my waterproof tub in the back. I don't know if they will actually come up or not, but I figured that planting them was at least giving them a slightly better chance than in the compost pile.

4 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:38 AM  
Blogger tarak said...

seeing your pretty flower only gets me excited for the possibility of a summer bbq!

11:38 AM  
Blogger ipj said...

It's very lovely, I am thoroughly jealous.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter