Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Terror

I have been having massive, heart-wrenching disappointments in the world of day-planners recently.

I have a day-planner that I love. I've been using the same style for years and I'm very passionate about it, in a way I have never felt for day-planners before. It's an academic calendar, which works for me, so I am now due for a new one. There is only one place that I know carries this kind (believe me, I've looked all over), and I went twice in the last week and they were sold out. They promised me that the planners would be resocked, but it has not yet happened.

On a whim, I went to another stationary store and they carried my brand of day-planner, but only with yearly calendars, not academic. Thus, all the calendars were for 2008, which doesn't do me much good this week. I scoured the piles of notebooks for about twenty minutes and finally I emerged victorious! I had found one of my day-planners! In 2007-08 format! It had a different cover than my blue book that I usually get, but in my excitement I hastily bought it anyway- an expensive purchase but obviously one that I value.

I have not started using it, though. This is why: it is extremely ugly. It is not just blah or boring or dull- it is aflame with pink and purple modern-style flowers and it is UGLY. I can't bear to look at it. I want to go back and return it, even after all I went through to get it. I am massively disappointed. The store is really out of the way.

So do I spend an hour running around town to return it and get a dinky, inferior 07-08 calendar just to get me through the next three months and then upgrade? Or do I suffer with the one that I got, ugly though it is? If you don't believe me regarding it's ugliness:

5 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

I think you should keep it. You could easily pretty that shit up with a little imagination.

1:20 PM  
Blogger laurenj said...

i'm going to try, for sure. I acutally went to staples today at lunch looking for contact paper.

6:20 PM  
Blogger tarak said...

decopauge it. put pics of all of your bff's. write mrs. zj all over the blank spaces. you can relive your middle school years.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Heather K said...

ooohhh!!! Decopauge!

I say this is defintely a nice, easy craft project.

1:08 PM  
Blogger RGC said...

i agree with the above. decopauge. or pics attached with a lil scotch tape. you were always crafty lauren. don't let this planner beat you. you are stronger and wiser than it will ever hope to be.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter