Playing is Hard Work

Thursday, May 24, 2007

With all of the grace of a...

Last night Casey, my stripey cat, got a wild hair and decided to pounce on Benny from her vantage point in the tall grasses of our lawn. She was frightened off, however, and changed directions mid-course, which caused her to face-plant into a tiki torch at a high velocity. She practically bounced off that metal pole and it was one of the more hilarious things I have seen in awhile. Even brought tears to my eyes. But this morning Casey woke up with a cut on her mouth and one swollen eye that is a little glazed over. She doesn't seem to be acting strangely at all, but of course the paranoid part of me wants to take her in to the Kittie ER. And what would I say? "My cat gave herself a black eye"? Poor little thing. I think her pride is more damaged than anything else. She's been playing it very safe today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter