Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Transition

Tonight was the first push of the big move. We moved a dozen or so boxes over to the new apartment with a Mighty ZipTruck. The renovations are all done and the place looks great. I'm excited to start unpacking and filling it up. The crazy thing is that for all we moved tonight, we hardly made a dent. This is crazy because when we moved into our old apartment almost two years ago, we came with only 14 boxes and a couple borrowed pieces of furniture. Amazing how much we can accumulate, huh? Fortunately my dad is coming into town on Saturday to help with the moving, and he's drawing a crew made up of aunts, uncles, and other Long Island friends.
All things considered, it will be the easiest move I've ever made. Not only is our apartment relatively small, but it is the first time I've ever moved to a new place in the same city. Nay, even the same neighborhood! Once, in Seattle, I moved within the same city, but there was a two week gap between houses so I rented a storage unit and camped out on a friend's couch for awhile. So this will really be a breeze in comparison. And my dad will be here! He's a Master Mover (self-proclaimed). I'm posting a "before" picture- stay tuned for the "afters."

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Yea for Andy!!! He may be a master mover, but remember the question we used to ask of him in high school?



Is he a master spy?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter