Playing is Hard Work

Friday, January 26, 2007

After A Bumpy Ride Home

I was at the theatre tonight, taking in some festivalisciousness. Before the show I went to the bathroom and was shocked to find an attendant situated at the sinks. Being unaccustomed to personal service in a bathroom, I wasn't sure exactly what to do, but she turned on the water and pumped soap into my hands before I really knew what was going on. I know I was supposed to tip her, but I was so shocked and uncomfortable that I fled the scene. After the show, a charged performance by an autobiographical storyteller who seamlessly fused hilarity with poignancy, I really had to pee again. But I was so turned off by the thought of facing the attendant again that I instead opted to hold it for the long, local R train trip back home. The bathroom should be a private place!!! I can turn on my own water and pump my own soap! I may never return to that theatre again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At least she didn't offer to help you wipe, because when that happens you have to leave a really BIG tip.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter