Playing is Hard Work

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Holdin' Em

I went to a friend of a friend's last night to play poker with the boys. These guys play poker- they even had a full felted poker table that took up half of the living room in the 300 sq. ft. apartment on the Upper East Side. So I was a little intimidated but, hey, I practice with the Hold'Em game on my cell phone, so I thought I could give them a run for their money.

And I took ALL THEIR MONEY. That's right. It turns out I'm a shark. ZPJ kept insisting that I was just getting good cards, but these guys go down to Atlantic City to play in tournaments, and they said I know how to hold my cards and make good bets. They couldn't read me. I got in their heads. And I CLEANED UP. It's a proud day.

2 Comments:

Blogger laurenj said...

P.S. Do you see how close I was to not making this one in on time? Watch out, MNS and ipj, I'm in this for real.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Zaaq said...

I feel bad... I wasn't trying to say that you had good cards, therefore you weren't playing well. I was saying that you had good cards, and knew how to be them when you did. When you didn't, you were able to either pull back or bluff your way through... i was very proud of my card shark wife...

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter