Playing is Hard Work

Friday, October 17, 2008

Taxes in the Morning

My friend, Jo, was invited on The Early Show to do a segment about "average Joe's" and what their actual tax breaks would be under each candidate's plan. Take a look - in addition to having Pretty Lady Jo, it also is kind of interesting.


Seriously, though, who out there bases their vote on which candidate will personally benefit them the most, financially? I think tax policies are a critical part of a candidate's platform, but not because it will either help or hurt me - because it either helps or hurts the entire country. Am I naive?

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I don't disagree with you, and I think naive is not quite the right word for it (believing in the good of human nature, perhaps), but yeah, I think a lot of tax-break republicans do exactly that. I know one extreme conservative (and extreme wealthy person) for whom this is the number one issue. He also wants to abolish all taxes, though. Yeesh.

11:10 AM  
Blogger laurenj said...

abolish all taxes? What, exactly, is his plan for funding the federal government? Not to mention, you know, schools and roads and stuff?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Don't ask me to defend a crazy, yo. I'm just telling you that these people are out there. I'm sure he just thinks that's all for Someone Else to handle.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter