Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back In The Swing of Things

It's nice to return to New York when the weather is actually enjoyable.

I had a stressful trip. There were altercations with family members. I am trying to block it out because every time I think of it I get a little nauseated.

My tip for the day: When people tell you that open communication is the best thing and that it is better to have things openly addressed rather than oppressed, THEY ARE LYING. Do not attempt. Always push things down, down, down, and just smile until you get on the plane. If you find yourself tempted to clear the air and say something honest, very sincerely look in your heart and ask yourself, "what's the worst that could happen?" Because it probably will.

On a related note: Thank you for all your kind words regarding my last post. It really comforted me. I am feeling very blessed by having so many supportive and comforting people in my life, especially those of you who are so far away!

On an UNrelated note: I think people in this city work too much. Or at least people I know. One person I talked to tonight was contemplating getting a 5-10 job on top of her 9-5 job. Another person I know (who I should be sleeping with tonight) is pulling an all-nighter at the office and reaching for that golden ring of "double-time after 24 consecutive hours". And I, dear reader, just finished sending off a slew of work emails that will have a 12:23am time-stamp on them.

I'm going to bed. Alone. Lawdy, I am pathetic.

TEASER: Big News Tomorrow. Maybe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zaaq said...

It's not that i'm REACHING for that golden ring... more that i have no choice but to obtain it at this point... oh, a pillow a pillow, my kingdom for a pillow...

11:52 PM  
Blogger LBM said...

Yes. People here work too much. I am going to boycott that by going on vacation tomorrow!!!
VACATION!!! Where I hope none of my family members or friends yell at me.

8:50 AM  
Blogger ipj said...

An affair doensn't work so well when he (she?) works just as much as your husband. I'd suggest another route.

I'm glad you're back. I share your concerns about the two coasts.

9:27 AM  
Blogger tarak said...

Something I learned from my family about communication... it doesn't matter what you say or don't say, because you're too drunk during family gatherings to be verbally coherent anyway. Just make sure you and ZPJ are happy and healthy and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I'm glad your back and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter