Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Worry

Team J is running on a skeleton crew this week. I'm going to Atlanta for a conference tomorrow morning, and a couple hours before I fly back on Saturday, ZPJ flies out for Oregon and won't return until next Thursday.

PROS:
  • There will always be someone here, so we didn't need to get a cat-sitter
  • It's too hot to cuddle much anyway

CONS:

  • Everything else

Things have been a little crazy at Team J headquarters this month. We were just barely dealing with the loss of our Casey Cat, and then a couple weeks ago Benny started going downhill. I tried to be moderate and measured, but I barely made it a week before hauling her skinny little black butt to the vet and bursting into tears in front of the doctor. Several hundred dollars later, the tests have shown that EITHER Benny has some intestinal inflamed bowel thing, or she has lymphoma in her intestines. The treatment for both is steroids, so she's getting juiced for a couple weeks and if she gets better it's the bowel thing, and if she doesn't get better...she doesn't get better. Last night she was really looking good, hunting down dangling deli slices and cuddling all night. Tonight, however, she's huddled in the dark and refuses to eat anything or let us hold her. I am FREAKING OUT about leaving town and then being alone with her all next week, but what can you do.

I used to be a normal person, but I've become a crazy cat lady who obsessively talks about her cat's health and eating habits. Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

It breaks my heart to hear about Benny. I'm so sorry that you all are going through this. I hope she gets better soon and she's just giving attitude instead. :(

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter