Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bolster

Well, it turns out I don't completely suck at my job!

Just found out this evening that we were successful in our first fully-competitive local government grant. Yay government funding!

It's been a long year of denials and brush-offs and I'm feeling very good about knowing that some of my hard work is paying off. And within the next couple weeks we should hear about discretionary funding and one private grant that I've been gunning for, so even more to look forward to.

I like writing, I like problem solving, I like thinking creatively about how to make things grow, but I'm not crazy about constant rejection. So am I cut out for Development? Of course, who IS crazy about rejection? Is this a field only suitable for masochists? Anyway, it was nice to have a day that DIDN'T include getting shot down. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger LBM said...

congrats you! You got some money!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter