Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

West Coast Update

I have two things to announce:

#1 - HRC showed a total lack of class and a tenuous grasp on reality tonight when she made her big speech in NYC and totally neglected to mention that 54 minutes earlier she had just lost her campaign. She actually allowed herself to be introduced as "the next President of the United States" and missed her chance to end this harrowing process with an ounce of grace and states(wo)manship. I mean, seriously. Her ability to completely deny facts that are disagreeable to her and stay the course regardless of reality reminds me of someone else who has recently got pushed to the sidelines of the political process...

#2 - Casey just chowed down on some Ocean Whitefish and Tuna Dinner all by herself for the first time in a week! I am over the moon. Despite her amazing turnaround, however, Ms. Striperson will be spending the weekend at the vet's while ZPJ and I go up to Boston. Benny will be all on her own! Party! (If ZPJ ever let me take any fun pictures of my cats in festive party hats, I would insert one here)

4 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

Dude, it took me a little while to figure out WHO HRC was. I instantly thought you were talking about the Health and Racket Club. My bad.

9:43 AM  
Blogger whitney said...

i thought you were talking about casey: Her Royal Catness.

but you know, i'm not terribly surprised.

congrats to her royal catness! btw

5:16 PM  
Blogger laurenj said...

I'm so subtle...

7:27 AM  
Blogger mynewshoes said...

At first I thought you were talking about Human Rights Campaign. Guess we all have our go-to assumptions...

I'm glad Casey is eating by choice! And in case you haven't used the power of Google images lately, I'd like to recommend typing in "Cat Party Hat." It just might make your day.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter