Playing is Hard Work

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Unhappy Cat

It's 1:15am and I just got done wrapping my cat in a towel and prying her mouth open so that ZPJ could squirt mushy food in her mouth with a syringe. Casey has lost a lot of weight in the last two months and something in her blood test was scary enough that the vet said we have to force feed her four times a day. She is literally starving to death and yet has no interest in food. What, oh what, could be wrong with my CaseyCat?

Are you asking yourself, "Didn't laurenj have a dangerously thin and sickly cat last year? Am I rereading an old blog post?" I'm asking myself the same thing. But this time it's the stripey cat, not the black cat. Why do my cats hate eating? It's like they're not even related to us!

I vote that having a sick pet sucks. I also vote that Casey should start eating by herself soon, because force feeding is not dignified or graceful for anyone involved. She is very sweet and cuddly when she's not feeling well, but all the same I'd prefer to have my old, bossy, browbeating percher back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi and Lucas' Mommy said...

L, I'm so sorry about your babies! Why can't they just be healthy and stay in the yard?! :) xoxoxo

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter