Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pollster

I just voted! This is somewhat noteworthy because, according to the city, county, and state election board websites I was not eligible to vote in the primary because I filled out my change-of-address form 22 days ago instead of 25 days ago and I was resigned to being a (self)disenfranchised voter.

BUT THEN a co-worker told me that I could still vote with an affidavit ballot at the polls! This defied my website-based information, but I forced ZPJ to read through a 600-page legal statute and get confirmation that this was true and I headed down to the local elementary school and dropped my ballot in the box.

So, I am now flushed with the warmth of patriotism and the knowledge that for once in my life I acutally cast a vote that might have an effect on the political process...

NO THANKS TO: election board websites for thier inadequate information on how I could have my vote counted
MANY THANKS TO: a proportional award of delegates in a contested congressional district and Isaac from Working Man's Clothes Productions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter