Playing is Hard Work

Monday, February 04, 2008

I haven't blogged in forever, as TK is reminding me.

Here is a problem in my life. I think of things I want to do but I don't do them because, even though I have time to start them and maybe even complete them, I don't have time to do them the way they should be done and lord forbid I do something imperfectly so I don't even start. Examples:
  1. calling my mom
  2. writing/sketching
  3. blogging

I've had lots of ideas lately for really great blog posts. Seriously. They would knock your socks off. You would be so impressed. But I haven't had the time or inclination to really do them justice, so I haven't even started. Here's what you're missing out on:

  1. The terse and passive-agressive email exchange I had with my principal-nemesis
  2. A pie party
  3. The funny and educational but also potentially racist thing I did in class the other day
  4. Meditations on the coming and uncoming of spring

I'm hoping that some of these still make it out there.

I used to not do things because I was busy. Now there is a different reason, but I don't know what it is.

4 Comments:

Blogger tarak said...

I didn't mean to be rude about it. I just want to make sure that you were alright. Like, what if you were held captive by a bunch of renegade pirates and mermaids from Coney Island and that's why you're not blogging? Your friends should know these things.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with the pie party. That idea is brilliant. A friend from work does "pie-night" with his family the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving every year, just so the can enjoy the pie without being bloated from dinner. Unless of course, you meant something more vulgar by pie night, in which case I don't want to know. - Bill in Boise

12:00 PM  
Blogger mynewshoes said...

I would rather hear about a pie baby than a pie party, personally. But that's just me. Actually, what I'd like to hear most is the draft of the children's book, "Too Many Glockenspiels."

Did I mention that I'm taking a painting and drawing class where I work? You could totally join at a prorated fee...Tuesdays 6:30-8:30...think about it.

4:49 PM  
Blogger whitney said...

i also want to hear about the pie party. actually, i want to have gone to the pie party. or be going just after i get off work. too bad you live so far away.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter