Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I made it out and about in the big world today, but it was not pretty. Yikes. I was cloudy.

I'm heading to my residency in the morning, and I'm a little anxious about having enough energy. This school takes a lot of energy. A solid majority of the kids in my four classes are special needs students, and keeping their focus on track is no easy task. I'm like a one-woman show. Most of the groups are second graders, and I'm not going to lie to you- they are the cutest thing I have ever set eyes on. They love reading, they love life, and they love bees. No joke. Bees are, well, the bee's knees to these little guys. We've constructed an intricate drama world about worker bees, honey bees, nurse bees and, of course, the Queen, and this world is both magical AND educational! We're sharing some of our drama work for a parent audience in a couple weeks, so tomorrow is our first review rehearsal to go back and choose our favorite activities to recreate for an audience. I also anticipate some intense cuteness revolving around stage presence and vocal projection because they're second graders and no matter what they do on stage it is going to be precious and life-affirming. Which is what I need right now because it seems that the only thing I am immune to right now is DayQuil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter