Playing is Hard Work

Friday, January 04, 2008

Home, Freezy Home

We returned to freezy NYC weather, as evidenced by our kitchen pipes freezing, then getting fixed, then re-freezing and busting open and melting all over our kitchen. Good news: it's warming up. Even Gooder News: the landlord is replacing our pipes AND the back door, which he discovered was drafty while fixing the pipes. We had known it was drafty for quite awhile, but hadn't bothered saying anything because we were under the assumption that all landlords were as negligent and apathetic as the last place.

Getting back to work has been a bit of a struggle. I am not so motivated as I thought I might be after the long break, and the jet lag has caused me to spend many hours staring at my wall rather than my computer. I did manage to achieve the modest list of tasks I assigned myself, however, and I have planned a restful weekend over which I can rest, relax, refocus, and get ready to face this new year. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter